Wednesday 12 October 2011

Palette in Kolkata- Day 2

Though reluctant, I went to see the collection at Palette as I could see some lovely dresses on display. They are authorised stockists for Cottons from Jaipur, Sampada and Vrinda from Delhi. I fould a whooping variety of mix n match in readymade ethnic and fusion wear in a riot of colours. All were in natural fabrics and I loved those beautiful and sensuous cholis ;) Though the shop looked very small it had so many varieties under one roof. I saw some beautiful spagettis, corsets, T-shirts, kurtis, patialas, salwars, churidars, leggings, capris, harem pants, kurtas and tunics, skirts, cholis, kaftans and nighties, stoles and dupattas, costume jewellery and bags, and even artificial rangolis!
I was in the shop for more than half-an-hour and Umer came twice to check if I had finished my shopping. I was confused for a moment what to pick up from that vast array of designs and Vij came and helped me to pick a beautiful Anarkali kurta for me. He loved me in that dress and though I felt it was slightly expensive, we bought that piece as we had never seen anybody wearing such a dress in Doha. It’s such a lovely kurta that all Vij’s friends and colleagues told me that it’s very good and I look beautiful in it ;) And one more thing, they gave the kurta packed in a beautiful cotton bag :)  

By the time we came out of the shop, power was not there and it was dark already. We were supposed to go to the nearby Forum shopping mall.
This was there at Forum Mall

Umer, Sajid and I purchased some clothes in Shopper’s Stop and trust me they charge money for the cover here! First time, I came across a cloth shop which charges money to give a cover for the goods purchased with them. Maybe it’s their new idea to minimize the use of plastic bags, but whatever it was quite a weird idea. Instead, they could have offered paper bags.

Then we went to Oh! Calcutta to have our dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment