Friday 4 August 2017

Inder Kumar was in love with Isha Koppikar; I was pregnant when I ended our marriage: Ex-wife Sonal

Sonal Kariya says that she was pregnant when she walked out of her marriage with late actor Inder Kumar and that her husband was in love with Isha Koppikar even after their divorce.

Inder Kumar, known for playing the role of Salman Khan's brother in Wanted, passed away last Friday. Now his first wife, Sonal Kariya, has spoken out about the reason she walked out on Inder when she was pregnant with their child.


The reason behind Inder and Sonal's marriage falling apart, said Sonal, was actor Isha Koppikar.

Sonal alleged that Inder could not forget Isha even after she had filed for a divorce from him.
Sonal got married again after parting ways with Inder, as did he.

In an interview with Spotboye, Sonal revealed the reason behind her marriage falling apart. "He couldn't forget Isha Koppikar. I think it was a case of 'first love cannot be forgotten'. At times, he used to tell me that he is going to meet her. I even told him to get her home sometimes, but he did not."

Sonal also said how she felt he was in touch with Isha even after their divorce, "I think he was in touch with her even after we divorced each other. He wouldn't show it too much and he didn't tell me either - but I could sense that he couldn't shake off Isha from his mind. Maine shaadi ke time bhi suna tha that he hasn't forgotten Isha but I ignored that hearsay."

Sonal Kariya
However, Isha was not the only reason Sonal and Inder's marriage hit choppy waters. Inder's dependency on drugs and alcohol too added to the mess.

Sonal said, "Add this to his habits - drugs and alcohol. It became very tough on me."

When asked why Sonal did not stop Inder from taking drugs and alcohol, she said, "Of course, I did. I tried every trick in the book to cleanse him up - but nothing worked. He was also very frustrated because films were not happening to him. He was in his own world for a large part of the day."

Sonal also revealed that she was pregnant with the couple's child, Khushi, when she decided to move out. And Inder Kumar never got back in touch with her.

"I had moved out from his life when I was pregnant. I informed him that he has become a father to a girl but he was least interested, he didn't even respond to that message," said Sonal.

Sonal also hinted at physical abuse at the hands of Inder. "Haan, woh sab to chalta rehta tha. And then you know, there came a point where I couldn't take it any longer," she said.

After their divorce, Sonal married Deepesh, and she is now mother to another daughter. Khushi, her daughter from Inder, too stays with her.

Inder Kumar tied the knot with Pallavi Sarraf after parting ways with Sonal.

(Source: India Today)

No comments:

Post a Comment